Sunday, February 10, 2008

End of the first 4 weeks!!!

Here we are, and the first of the five, 4-week challenges with my co-worker has ended. Each 4-week session requires the one who lost the least amount of weight to pay the one who lost the most weight in that 4 weeks a whopping 10 bucks. I am happy to announce that I am 10 bucks richer!! And that was after gaining back a pound in the aftermath of the superbowl party I attended.

In an attempt to negate that little aberration, I spent 6 hours yesterday walking up and down every single aisle and taking in every display at the Home and Flower Show in the I-X Center in Cleveland. I have to admit, 6 straight hours was almost enough to do me in! It had to have been a good 12 miles! I came home and bathed my aching limbs in Icy Hot and downed Tylenol and still had trouble falling asleep. Today even my glutes are sore! This indicates to me that I am NOT exercising enough and I'm not in adequately good shape. I WANT to be able to do such things like I could when I was younger. I don't think wanting to walk around a large exposition is an unreasonable desire. I also think that getting into that kind of shape is achievable, even at my age. So, I will be concentrating on cardio that is leg intensive and strength training for the lower body. After all, I don't want to flatten the other 3 tires!

How are you all doing? M.E.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Amazing Hit Counter
Musicians Friend Coupon