Sunday, January 27, 2008

And the beat goes on....

No pun intended, but starting this week I'm replacing my intended 30 minutes of cardio with a dance routine. It has snowed like the devil here, and walking in my neck of the woods with snow on the roads is more than just a tad dangerous. I want to be thin, not dead. So I'm finding a nice hip-hop station and bouncing my brains out instead. The point is, do whatever you have to do to keep moving! No excuses! You're not fooling anyone but yourself.

As for this week's results, I am down 7 pounds since the beginning of the year! Not too shabby. The competition at work is heating up as well. So far I'm about -4.2 pounds down compared to my competitors -2.0 pounds. He swears he'll be bringing on the heat this week, so I may have to hip-hop my way to victory. Our first official weigh-in is February 8th. I plan to pocket his $10 for the first round. We'll be having a face-off every 4 weeks at $10 a pop...or a potential of $50 total by the end of May.

If you have a truly competitive spirit, making a public bet on who can lose the most weight by a certain date has a really motivating effect on your efforts. Try it!

My meal tip of the week: If you're hungry and cold, try a quick stop at Panera Bread or St. Louis Bread Company. Order the low-fat black bean soup with a side and a low calorie drink. The 8-oz serving of soup is delicious, hearty and filling with 160 calories, 9 grams of protein and 11 g of fiber. If you get the whole grain baguette for your side, that's another 140 calories, 6 g of protein and 3 g of fiber (and you can dip it in the soup...) Talk about a stick to the ribs meal, this one will stay with you for hours and if you don't suck down a bunch of calories in your drink order, then you've had a great lunch or dinner for only 300 calories, but with 15 g of protein and 14 grams of fiber. Sounds like a really intelligent plan to me! MEM

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Amazing Hit Counter
Musicians Friend Coupon